About Scheben Care Center
The Scheben Care Center offers medical model adult day care and transportation services for adults with intellectual and developmental differences and the elderly. We provide person-centered programs that enhance the educational, therapeutic, and social opportunities for those we serve. Our program includes group activities, community outings and individual activities such as musical programs, gardening, Wii, films, games, crafts, speakers and visitors.
Our Adult Day Care program serves persons over 16 years of age who have medical, physical, social and/or cognitive disabilities. Our service area includes Northern Kentucky and the surrounding counties. Hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays.
Services provided by the program include:
- Medical and Nursing Services
- Individual plan of care that includes: A health and functional assessment; a plan of care that identifies the person’s strengths and needs, specific goals to meet the needs, and activities to reach the goals; notes on progress toward goals; reassessment; and a discharge plan and summary
- Administration of medications
- Supervised rest periods (if needed)
- Emergency medical care plan and provision of first aid
- Consultation with and referral to personal physician as needed
- Monitoring of health status (e.g., vital signs, intake/output monitoring, monitoring blood sugar level)
- Activities to promote health maintenance
- Carrying out or supervising simple treatments ordered by the individual’s personal physician (supplies not provided)
A registered/licensed practical nurse(s) is available to the program staff and individuals at all times.
104 W Pike St
Covington, KY 41011
Executive Director of Scheben Care Center
859-525-1128 ext. 239
31 Spiral Drive
Florence, KY 41042